Katja Mohar BastarDirector of the Digital Innovation Hub Slovenia
- 26 Aug 2021
- 09:00 - 16:30
International Conference on Sustainable Tourism, and the Technologies of the Future
The design of the Futourism5.0 conference addresses the development of future and sustainable tourism through the prism of Circular economy, environmental impact, Society 5.0 and the use of innovative and creative technologies such as virtual and augmented reality.
The conference aims to offer innovative digital solutions that could help in the development of new tourism concepts, different technological solutions, sustainable impact and new business models, especially those which address the recovery after COVID-19.
An additional objective is to connect different stakeholders from all EU countries, with the aim of the widest possible participation of tourism providers and operators and the EU-wide business, society and tourism community, including the involvement of citizens and tourists.
The common thread of the conference will run through the paradigm of using advanced technologies, focusing on digital, sustainable and green futures, which is also envisaged as one of the key elements in the new EU perspective. The conference will also focus on the segment of digitization of cultural heritage and the development of creative tourism using virtual and augmented reality.
The conference will allow interested companies to present themselves to various visitors on stands and at promotional events in the digital and virtual exhibition hall.
Timing of the conference
The conference is part of the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the EU and will be held at the Slovenian Digital Centre – Hall 1, BTC, Ljubljana. The timing of the conference is also an ideal starting point to discuss the opportunities and prepare the content for The EXPO 2020 DUBAI.
There will be an opportunity to follow the discussions of experts and presentations of good practices in the fields of sustainable tourism, society 5.0 and future technologies from Slovenia and the EU at various panels, workshops and round tables.
The conference will:
- highlight some important issues about the future, trends and challenges of sustainable, green and smart tourism,
- present projects, the situation and connect the stakeholders of the tourist innovative ecosystem,
- present high-profile educational and technological projects in the fields of new technologies, tourism, environment, circular economy and society 5.0,
- discover possibilities for the development of cultural and creative tourism using the digitization of cultural heritage, the possibility of using virtual and augmented reality and the use of blockchain technologies in tourism,
- show examples of good practices of open, smart and digital tourism, in connection with the use of technologies of the future in entrepreneurship and industry,
- present the possibilities of cooperation and the establishment of digital junctions between Slovenia and interested EU countries,
- present possibilities for obtaining support and vouchers for companies and start-ups operating in the fields of smart and digital tourism, new technologies and society 5.0.
On all days of the conference, presentations of examples of good practices in the use of technologies of the future in the field of tourism will take place in the Slovenian Digital Centre.
PARTICIPATION AND REGISTRATION
Participation in the Futourism5.0 conference and testing of technologies of the future at the Slovenian Digital Centre is free of charge.
The number of participants in the live event is limited to 100. Participants who are not able to follow the event live are invited to follow it via Zoom connection.
Registration for the conference >>
All additional information about the conference can be obtained by e-mailing: email@example.com