- 24 Aug 2021
- 09:30 - 16:00
ON THE TRACK OF TOURISM 4.0 INNOVATIONS
Tourism 4.0 is an initiative that was initially launched as part of the Tourism 4.0 TRL 3-6 project, the largest research and development project in the history of Slovenia dedicated to tourism. All three largest Slovenian universities have joined forces, under the leadership of the high-tech company Arctur, with the Association of Slovenian Municipalities as an associate partner. From the beginning of the project in 2018 until today, when a number of other projects are taking place at the national and European level, many breakthrough innovations have been developed that enable the digitdal transformation of Slovenian tourism.
Tourism 4.0 focuses on the local community and maintaining the quality of life of the local population with the support and participation of all other stakeholders around them. Furthermore, the goal is to build and develop tourism through strategic planning based on real data collected at the local level.
The conference will present the results of using Tourism 4.0 products in a real environment, including examples of good practices of tourist destinations that have digitized their cultural content with the help of innovative tools and enriched the tourist offer with them. In the afternoon, the concept of collective brands, which are already co-created in Slovenia by a number of destinations, will be presented, as well as plans for how they can be included in technological development and the guidelines of Tourism 4.0. The SRIPT team will end the day with the presentation of an innovative project that is also following the track of Tourism 4.0 development.
Schedule by hours – timeline of events
- 9.30 - 9.45
- Opening speeches
- 9.45 - 9.55
- Presentation of T4.0 products & implementation in the real environment
- 9.55 - 10.15
- Tourism 4.0: Cultural Heritage
- 10.15 - 11.15
- Presentation of practices in the field of digital innovation of cultural heritage
- 11.15 - 11.30
- Coffee Break
- An experience for visitors in the presentation corner of the Digital Center of Slovenia
- 11.30 - 11.45
- Tourism 4.0: Managing hiking flows
- 11.45 - 12.45
- Round table "Development and use of tourism innovations 4.0"
- 12.45 - 13.00
- Closure of the morning session
- * digital experience for the visitors with the VR glasses
- 13.00 - 13.30
- Coffee break
- 13.30 - 15.00
- Creating Collective Brands
- 15.00 - 16.00
- Digitization of underground heritage (SRIPT interest group; CPOEF)